Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mumbai 2 nights 3 days [ 4 th oct - 6 oct 2009]

Three hours of sleep and finally an alarm "trin trin". I woke up and its 3 a.m., darkness every where and for me its as challenging to catch my Mumbai flight at 6 am from Delhi. I swear, next time not at all going to board any flight in the early hours of morning. After more than a year I was at Delhi airport and its completely transformed with a new departure terminal and very modern infrastructure. After getting my boarding pass I walked around to have a look at the interiors and went into each shop almost and even bought a Ganesha. There was also a very large screen television which i liked a lot. Flight was on time and on the flight my main worry was finding a decent hotel. jUHU ISKCON I always stay at but I was more worried if i will get a room . Its a place in Mumbai which has everything in terms of decent pricing, great food, great interiors, helpful staff and peaceful, spiritual environment.

Flight landed and I made a call to ISKCON and I got a room for 2 days but I could check-in only after 12 pm or I had to pay for one more extra day for only 3 hours occupancy so had to change my clothes in a bathroom and in the corridor of first floor of the ISKCON. I told myself " its a gods place and so no inhibitions because he knows me best. I didn't feel bad about it because I have seen many tough days when I was young and in last many years I have developed my thinking for being a perfectionist in every possible way. Egos and attitudes are something that every person needs to win over or they win over you. Its more satisfying when I can afford 5 star but still can manage with a corridor & toilet without any tantrum. When people don't understand money, status, and themselves then their wealth always goes down the drain with short lived show-off lifestyle..
I kept my luggage at the reception counter and carried only my laptop for my meeting for which I was in Mumbai but I stopped at the gate because it was raining . Hotel staff helped me with a plastic bag to cover my laptop and finally in rain I went on the road for a taxi. It was quite a surprise and I was happy that meeting venue was just 5 minutes aways from ISKCON.

Meeting I won't write much about but it was a good communication with good people. After meeting they got me dropped to Iskcon. I was too tired so after lunch I went to sleep and later in the night after sumptuous, delicious buffet dinner, I watched Rab ne bana di jodi on my laptop.

Next day again I had my meeting but this time at Lokhandwala and today it was raining heavily and I felt it was impossible going out. For a moment I thought of calling those people and say my real excuse but suddenly something hit my thought. I always told people never give excuses in life and today it was for me to prove that. I decided I am going and anyhow. Next 15 minutes I waited for taxi on the road under a torn umbrella through which rain kept pouring on me. I got 20 minutes late due to traffic jams in the rain but I was happy I made it. I had my meeting with 3 people but each at a time and I know it was a truly a learning experience and I made every effort to gain from each meeting session. I tried to be my real self and not any professional robot.

Later at 7 pm Sri dropped me to Infinity mall in Versova where I walked in and around the mall and even watched a movie called "wanted". I even saw two TV stars in the mall and felt thrilled and one I saw at Iskcon's restaurant though I am not a person who rushes to see celebs. Next day Sri's driver delivered my laptop that I left in the car last night. Sri I liked quite a lot for warmth. I payed the bills and was almost on the verge of checking out that I bumped into a guy called Bhisma, he was truly a gentleman, he cared for me within that short span like someone my own with water, chocolates and cashew nuts. I would say truly like his name BHISHMA because even in Mahabharta it was mostly Bhishma Pitaamah who influenced me with his extraordinary forte of sacrifices and loving nature. We chatted almost for 1 hour and his parents were also there who told me that its great that at such young age I am chairman of a firm. He was from Washington USA and it was more satisfying to see that he cared for his parents too much even after being in United states. Here I would say " Please so many of seriously confused Indians who disown their parents , learn something from such people and go and say "I love you maa, I love you paa".

Before leaving Iskcon I went to temple and saw god, smiled and talked to him inside my heart. Asked him always help people who are innocent and true because that will keep the faith alive else faith of humanity in the god will fall and gods existence will fall because its true humanity and true spirituality that holds back even god's heaven and his existence on earth in different forms. Finally walked out and get into a taxi for 35 bucks to Mumbai airport and there I flew back to New Delhi...........During this 1 month vacation of delhi-shimla-mumbai ,I spent more than a Lakh but earned happiness worth more than a crore...definitely not because of money but because of experiences on the way.........

No comments: